Are you deciding on having a new roof installed? The process of having a roof replacement installed is an important part of being a homeowner. Your roof serves as the primary barrier that protects your home from the Atlanta climate. The process of having a roof replacement can seem tedious and overwhelming, but the experience should be easy and stress-free with the right roofing company.
In this article, we will discuss:
- Average roof replacement costs in Atlanta
- Common roofing materials
- Tips for knowing it’s time for a new roof
- The range of services that Smart Choice Construction and Roofing provides
The Range of Cost for a Roof Replacement in Atlanta
The first question a lot of people ask is: What is the average cost of a new roof in my city? The cost of having a roof replacement installed depends on the types of roofing materials that you choose, the repairs that may be needed, and the overall size of your home. In Atlanta, most homeowners choose asphalt shingles. On average, you can expect to pay around $6,000 to $12,000 for a shingle roof replacement in the Atlanta area.
Common Asphalt Shingle Types for Atlanta Residents
Three-Tab Asphalt Shingles: Practical & Affordable
- The most practical and cost-effective shingle material
- Get their name from their three tabs and uniform appearance
- May not last as long as other shingle types
- Will still effectively protect your home from the natural elements
Architectural Asphalt Shingles: Durable & Aesthetic
- Are made to last longer than three-tab shingles
- Also known as dimensional shingles
- Have an aesthetic look to them
- Will withstand a variety of weather and are built to last
Premium Asphalt Shingles: Luxurious & Sturdy
- Also known as luxury shingles
- Made from high-quality materials
- Are weather resistant and built to last
- Tend to be more costly than other shingle materials
Impact Resistant Asphalt Shingles: Less maintenance & Long-lasting
- Engineered with harsh weather in mind: hail, strong winds, tornados
- Have long-lasting resistance to the natural elements
- Typically have a higher cost than other shingle types
- Require less maintenance than other shingles
It Might be Time to Replace Your Roof
Typically, an asphalt shingle roof will last around 20 to 25 years in the Atlanta area.
If your roofing is nearing that timeframe, it’s a good idea to have a roofing professional assess your roof to make sure everything is working the way it should be.
The Atlanta area experiences harsh weather that ranges from hail and high winds to tropical storms and tornadoes. If your roof is getting old or you’ve recently noticed storm damage, broken or missing shingles, pest infestations, or leaks and water stains, it might be time to have a new roof installed.
Ready to Take the Next Steps?
It’s always a good idea to make sure that your roof can withstand the natural elements. Having a new roof installed shouldn’t be a stressful process. Smart Choice Construction and Roofing is a local roofing company that has been offering high-quality home improvement solutions since 2002. At Smart Choice Construction and Roofing, we are committed to being a one-stop shop for all your exterior needs.
Asphalt roofing isn’t the only roofing service we provide. At Smart Choice Construction and Roofing, we offer other services that include:
- Residential and Commercial roofing
- Roof repairs
- Siding installation services
- Gutters/gutter guards
- Storm damage repairs/restoration
We would love to aid you with all your roofing needs and help make the process of installing a new roof a hassle-free experience. Call today for your free estimate!